Radiographic study of the root canal system of mandibular incisors in Palestinian populationReport as inadecuate




Radiographic study of the root canal system of mandibular incisors in Palestinian population - Download this document for free, or read online. Document in PDF available to download.

Aim: The aim of this study was to survey the rootcanal morphology of mandibular incisor teeth in a Palestinian population usingradiographic approach. Materials and Methods: Five hundred and twenty two extracted mandibular incisor teeth were randomlycollected from Palestinian population. The teeth were radiographed froma mesiodistal direction and examined for the presence of a second canal andfor the type of canal configuration. Results: All teeth had single root.Three hundred and sixty nine teeth 70.7% had one canal type I Vertucciclassification. The rest 29.3% had a second canal type II and III. Conclusion: Mandibular central and lateral teeth were mostly found to have one rootand Type I canal system.

KEYWORDS

Mandibular Incisors; Radiography; Root Canal System

Cite this paper

Mukhaimer, R. and Jarbawi, M. 2013 Radiographic study of the root canal system of mandibular incisors in Palestinian population. Open Journal of Stomatology, 3, 452-456. doi: 10.4236-ojst.2013.38075.





Author: Raed Mukhaimer, Maher Jarbawi

Source: http://www.scirp.org/



DOWNLOAD PDF




Related documents