English Proficiency and Competency Background of Social Science and Humanities StudentsReport as inadecuate




English Proficiency and Competency Background of Social Science and Humanities Students - Download this document for free, or read online. Document in PDF available to download.



Online Submission

The study focuses on the background of Social Science and Humanities students (specifically in the course General Psychology) on their English education and competence. This research aims to identify the common factors of these students in terms of their English Proficiency. The students will answer survey questions that will give us information about their educational background, their confidence in using English, their opinion on the competence of their teachers in English, and their interest in the importance of English as a medium of teaching. Only 32.5% of the students believe that they are good in English and the other 67.5% do not think that they are competent in English. Majority of them, 95% accepts that English is very important and the remaining 5% do not accept that English is very important. This study aims to identify the factors on why Social Science and Humanities students (specifically in General Psychology) are hesitant in discussions, essays, conference, recitations and other activities that involve the English Language.

Descriptors: College Students, Higher Education, English (Second Language), Language Proficiency, Language of Instruction, Social Sciences, Humanities, English Language Learners, Court Litigation, Federal Legislation, Educational Legislation, Arabs, Semitic Languages, Qualitative Research





Author: Pelayo, Jose Maria G., III; Kutschera, P. C.; Capili, Claire Ann P.

Source: https://eric.ed.gov/?q=a&ft=on&ff1=dtySince_1992&pg=4574&id=ED546473



DOWNLOAD PDF




Related documents